Join a dynamic team working at the forefront of the evolution and advancement of workers’ rights. You will be the key administrative support for colleagues supporting plaintiffs’ employment lawyers across the country with membership and continuing legal education services, as well as legislative advocacy and innovative policy research.
NELA and the Institute seek an experienced, detail-oriented, and organized self-starter as our Administrative Coordinator. The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for supporting all administrative and programmatic activities of the organizations, and for crucial data entry, and report generation. As the key administrative manager for the office and as support for the entire NELA and Institute teams (11 team members), this position regularly interacts with all staff members, and provides support to all NELA members.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position based in our Concord, California office. After successful completion of onboarding and training, hybrid work schedule possible.
Compensation: Annual Salary $53-58K DOE
Generous Benefits Package including: 100% Employer-Sponsored Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance; Federal Holidays, Personal, Sick and Family/Medical Leave, Pension Contribution, and Employee Sponsored 401K.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position and a résumé in PDF format to: email@example.com. Please include “Admin Coordinator” as the subject line.
Founded in 1985, the National Employment Lawyers Association’s (NELA’s) mission is to empower workers’ rights attorneys through legal training, promoting a fair judiciary, and advocating for laws and policies that level the playing field for workers. We are the country’s largest professional organization that is exclusively comprised of lawyers who represent employees in cases involving employment discrimination and harassment, wage theft, employee benefits, and other employment-related matters.
Founded in 2008, The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute For Law & Policy (The Institute) is NELA’s partner organization. The Institute’s mission is to advance workers’ rights through research, thought leadership, and education for policymakers, advocates, and the public. For more information about The Institute, visit www.employeerightsadvocacy.org.
Data Entry & Report Generation:
- Input membership dues, donations, event registrations, contact information updates, and other data into NELA’s membership and donor database, currently iMIS.
- Generate reports from iMIS, including membership lists, directories of event participants, donor lists, thank you letters, and other reports as requested.
- Provide reception and administrative support to staff members in NELA’s Concord and Washington DC offices.
- Perform daily office administration tasks, including answering incoming calls and managing main phone lines; processing incoming and outgoing mail; maintaining office equipment and supplies; and responding to lawyer referral requests.
- Coordinate weekly staff meetings and other team meetings as appropriate.
- Manage time-keeping process for all staff.
- Attend semi-annual NELA Board meetings as requested.
- Assist Membership Director in member maintenance, identifying new member prospects, and support other member-related activities.
- Assist members and prospective members in all aspects of application, renewal, and profile updates, and other related processes, and respond to requests for information.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE):
- Manage applications and fees processes for CLE credit and compliance in accordance with state-specific rules and regulations, professional responsibility, and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate CLE registration and information for program attendees, including sign-in forms, directories of participants, and name badges; and respond to requests for program information.
- Assist Program Director and Digital Communications & Technology Manager with webinar facilitation.
- Coordinate oversight and management of NELA’s CLE On-Demand Library with Digital Communications & Technology Manager.
- Travel to NELA’s Annual Convention and other NELA or Affiliate CLE programs as needed.
- Receive and track checks and other payments to NELA (a 501c6 non-profit corp.) and the Institute (501c3) and prepare them for deposit.
- Track monthly payables and prepare invoices for payment.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for review by Executive Director.
- Support the Director of Development with administrative tasks related to fundraising for NELA and the Institute, including generating and mailing weekly acknowledgement letters.
- Minimum three years’ experience in data entry or a demonstrated ability to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Previous experience in an administrative and/or program support position.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including attention to detail, follow-through, and the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Positive, solutions-oriented mindset.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with co-workers and with a variety of people at all levels of the organization, including a strong personal commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with MS PowerPoint and Google Docs desirable.
- Prior experience administering CLE a plus.
- Strong Internet research skills a plus.
- Commitment to providing exceptional service to NELA members and the
- Flexibility and willingness to take the initiative on a variety of projects.
The National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) and the National Institute for Workers’ Rights (Institute) are equal opportunity employers. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
NELA and the Institute encourage applications from all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NELA and the Institute make every effort to assure that our recruitment and employment practices provide all persons, including persons with disabilities, with full opportunities for employment in all positions.
NELA and the Institute are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability and need assistance applying online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 625-5401. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.